Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Still Not Dead: Friedberg and Seltzer

After a nearly two year sabbatical, Friedberg and Seltzer return to choke the joy and laughter out of anyone stupid enough to watch their films (me and several million 14 year olds). And surprisingly all that time away from making fun of easy, dated targets hasn’t made them better writers. That Lady Gaga joke isn’t even a joke. In fact it barely functions as a reference. Although I am a little surprised, I really thought these guys would have made Avafart or Avatard rather than a parody of Twilight. Besides, I really wanted people with actual talent to tear apart that horrible phenomenon. If there is a bright side to any of this it’s nice to know that Christa Flanagan is getting work. As always, I will be cringing through this on opening day (because I am a terrible person who doesn’t deserve to enjoy nice things).


No comments:

Post a Comment