Monday, July 12, 2010

I Like Andy Dick (I'm Sorry)

It may be an unpopular opinion but I’ll say it anyway: Andy Dick is underrated. If you’re able to look past his pathetic public persona you’ll find a fearless comedian who isn’t afraid to play desperate, violence prone losers who are completely unaware of just how sad they appear to other people. Just marvel at the pure intensity he brings to these characters below…

This aired on an episode of Comedy Product a short lived Comedy Central program that was hosted by Janeane Garofalo and gave such comedians as David Cross and Will Ferrell their earliest exposure. The fact that Dick’s character is called Van Hammersly indicates that this bit was probably written by Bob Odenkirk.




I hesitate to say this, but I actually prefer this Who’s On First parody to the one The Kids in Hall performed in the ‘90s.

No comments:

Post a Comment