Sunday, August 22, 2010

The Fries Will Never Be Ready

I love Youtube if only because I can finally see stuff like this. These are the scenes that were deleted from Brain Candy and it’s easy to see why: they really don’t work. It’s also easy to see why they eliminated the Zendrik character. Dave Foley’s performance is too broad and it seems like he’s trying to pull off a bad Shatner impression. With that said, “The fries will never be ready” is a great line.




Here’s the original ending. Apart from some great gags and a terrific, downbeat (but far too abrupt) climax, you can see why they rewrote it. I’m guessing the Cats reference was a call back to earlier Zendrik bit.




Also, on an unrelated note, what is it about this site that is so appealing to Chinese spammers?

1 comment:

  1. I remember seeing some clip in the TV ad with the white trash couple that wasn't in the movie. Someone should make a montage of the parts of movies in trailers that didn't make the final cut.

    If you mean the Asian spams with a bunch of dots linking to some sex site everybody with a Blogger site seems to get them. It annoys me when I think there's a comment and it turns out to be them. I don't know who falls for spam in general, I guess it's the 100 monkeys rule.

    ReplyDelete